Unexpected visit?

Okay. Why did my husband invite an army recruiter over today without telling me. 45 min before he gets here he decides to tell me. I am due to get an epidural shot in my back on Monday because I have a bone spur and disc issues in my cervical spine. So I panic...Cleaning like a mad women to make sure my house looks presentable. All while being in pain. I have spoken to him 3 times today on the phone. Never once telling me this was happening today. He has known since Monday evening. I run a home based business and I was just not prepared. I was pissed off. How am I suppose to make a good impression for my step son to get a scholarship if his dad does not let me in on this stuff? What does he do? Unloads the dishwasher!! Are you serious. I mopped, vaccumed,dusted, cleaned windows, wiped down the bathroom, picked up the porch all while he sits on his ass. I am fuming mad. Should I let it go? I am so in pain right now!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband fails to tell me things as well. They don't have the forethought that we women do...it's a guy thing. Hopefully he appreciates all you did and make sure to tell him it's his turn to clean after you get your procedure done.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I would've let him clean. That was his choice to have him come over and not tell you about it. He can deal with it.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 3:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• When mine has last minute visitors he does the cleaning. He will clean for about an hour before the company arrives. He can get more done in a shorter time span than I can (Not sure how it happens).
    coala

Answer by coala at 4:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2010