I didn't know I was pregnant

Anyone watch that show and freak out that that's going to them? After I had my son and BF I didn't have a period and I swear every month or so I bought a pregnancy test. Then a couple of those ladies too pregnancy tests and they were negative. Anyone else get the same phobia after watching that show?

mrsjonzy

Asked by mrsjonzy at 3:51 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I don't obsess over it, but it does freak me out. Like right now, for example. I've got my first ultrasound in 2 weeks, and I keep counting the weeks since my last period and trying to make it add up. I SWEAR I've felt movement, but that seems nearly impossible. I keep writing it off as gas, but then I'll see that show and think "What if I'm much further along, but didn't know it because I had a period!!??"

LOL. I should just stop watching it.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 3:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• That happened to a woman my mom works with (carried the baby to term and didn't know till she was having back labor!) she was like 40 with two teenage kids and just thought she was going through early menopause.

And a girl I used to work with, she was only 6 months and didn't know it, she was having unexplained seizures so the dr's put her in a medically induced coma to try to figure it out and then realized she was pregnant, they had to do a c-section and she woke up the next day with a baby! She had NO idea because she had the depo shot, I think they think she got pregnant right before getting the shot and didn't know it. That just happened like 2 months ago. I think it happens a lot more then people realize!

Both women were chubby at the most.
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Lol. I dreamed that I had a baby girl without knowing I was pregnant.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 4:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It DOES happen a lot more than people think! I was in the ER a few years ago with horrible abdominal pains- I heard the young doctor out in the hall taking bets and saying "I think we're having a baby in there!"
    that didn't turn out to be the case, but one of the nurses says it happens at that hospital alone about every 4 months or so. My aunt was a OBGYN nurse and she said pretty much the same thing.
    One case was pretty much denial they figure- a young girl who looked plenty pregnant to the hospital staff was brought in by her parents because they didn't know WHY she was in so much pain!
    can happen for all reasons I guess!
    Anonymous

• I was almost 4 months along before I knew I was pregnant with my middle one. I took a home pregnancy test it said pesitive but the ER told me I wasn't . Scary
    Anonymous

• I was 3 months pregnant with my daughter...was still getting my period and the only reason I took a test was b/c a lady my mom worked with asked if I was pregnant b/c she dreamed I was!
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 4:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• thats so funny i did the whole checked constatly and finally stopped taking the pg test when I actually ended up gettin pg! lol i was 10 weeks before I figured it out..or so they have guessed...I think I was pregnant before cuz I am HUGE!!!!!! and since the baby just dropped...I am supposed to be 31 weeks..but I havent had an ultrasound in awhile. I wanna get another and make sure that Im actually only 31 weeks cuz I feel like I am much farther along..(and the more kiddos you have the more you feel them fast)
    anjalee033

Answer by anjalee033 at 11:50 AM on Mar. 22, 2010