Should I go to my class reunion?

My 10 year reunion is coming up. I don't know if I should go. There were a handful of people I liked back then and I only talk to 2 of them now. My best friends from high school decided I wasn't good enough for them. One when she met her rich husband and became one of the rich snotty bunch and the other dropped me b/c I don't believe in religion. My high school was full of rich snotty kids and I wasn't so I was an outcast. I hated high school I guess thats why I pushed myself so hard so I could only go 1/2 a day my senior year. I know people can change but most of them are on my fb page and they are the same as back then if not worse. I don't know if I want to pay the money to go and just see a few people. Do the few good out weight the 4 bad years I had in high school?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If the 2 you talk to are going and you think you'd enjoy meeting up with them then go. Otherwise skip it. I went to my 10 year reunion and only 4 people showed up; it was a waste of my time. I tried again at the 15 year reunion, and it was much more fun (19 showed up). I'm looking forward to my 20th this year; I think the older everyone gets the less drama there is - we're all settled into our own lives now, and I think it will be interesting to see everyone this year.
    Anonymous

• I went and it was ok. Everyone was REALLY drunk and it was more like a loud party than anything else. Everyone talked about themselves way more than asked questions. It was basically a big, self-involved party. I had a group of girlfriends in h.s. and we were pretty close but totally fell out of contact once we graduated. They all went, which was cool, but that was the only good part about it. The food sucked and everyone else was so self-involved it was outrageous!
    Anonymous

• I would either plan to go with the two friends, hang out drink and laugh at the good times (and a few private- omg can you believe that's so and so?) and if you all aren't able to coordinate, don't go. don't let high school keep you worked up. if there are people you want to see and you have a couple friends around, go for it! Otherwise, use that weekend to take a nice trip if you can or just do something positive. I wouldn't go to any party where there was a lot of people I didn't like and no friends to keep me occupied!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 4:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• well, here's my story. I skipped the 10th because I had just gotten married and pretty much forgot about it. that and the thought of high school made me cringe. Then the 20th came up. I didn't plan on going, but one of the planners made up a site for everyone to get to know each other again- started about a year before the reunion was to happen.
    I got all kinds of letters from people that snubbed me or treated me badly- some were flat out apologies or sounded a lot like it. I went and had the time of my life! besides, I got the chance to give the guy that gave me the most heck a piece of my mind at the school tour!
    I told him that he gave me no piece for about 4 years so tonight was MY turn! He of course didn't remember any of it, but he said "OK, then we'll go to club tonight and have a drink!"
    cont-
    Anonymous

• anon 428 cont
    never would have thought in a million years I'd be toasting to another great 20 surrounded by the guys that used to such thorns in my side- did me a world of good!
    I've been able to but those mad memories aside and I feel much better knowing that those guys actually grew up and learned how to act human!!!

I say if you can go, go and have fun!
    Anonymous

• I say leave what happened in HS in HS, get over it, move on and go to your reunion. I think it's inmature and petty to old onto bad HS memories. I had a blast at mine! You never know you could have a blast at yours.
    Anonymous