Do you think that women who have suffered trauma of any kind in their lives are most likely to want to have tattoos?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Health

• Tattoos and trauma no similarities. I have a friend who has a tattoo and the only trauma she had is her mom dying. Yes it is traumatic, but if it counts every one would at one point want a tattoo. I have had lost of trauma and have a tattoo while another friend of mine has went through a lot of the same stuff and hates tattoos. There is no combination, you either like them or you don't
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• What does trauma have to do with wanting a tatoo?

Answer by older at 4:09 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I can only speak for me. I've suffered lots of trauma in my life and I've never wanted a tattoo.
    Anonymous

• I don't see the connection. I had a good childhood and I'm all tattooed up. I just love art and chose to let my body become art. I've had my back done for six years now, and I still love it, and CONSTANTLY have people complimenting it. And I definitely didn't suffer any trauma as a child. My husband has tattoos and he did have a rotten childhood, so whatever.
    Anonymous

• lol, no...ive never been thru any major trauma, but i still want one, to represent my daughter. i was actually watching LA Ink last nght, for the first time i ever...made me want one even more..lol..but i cant afford one, plus i dont know what or where, but i do know ive wanted one for a long time!! i went in to get one, about 10 years ago...i always wanted a dolphin on my back, like on my shoulder, like where my bra strap goes....but now im kinda glad i didnt get that..lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I had about the most normal adjusted well rounded childhood with loving doting parents who are still married. 38 years married ;) And I love tattoos!

I actually want another one ;) My parents wonder why I like them, and dont really see any point to them...lol. But they deal with it...I mean I am 30, lol what can they say..hehehehehe.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 4:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I see no connections between the two. I had a normal, happy childhood, and I now have tons of tattoos. The only major trauma I've experienced is hospitalization after a car accident...but I had tattoos before that.
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 5:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• What does one have to do with the other?
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 5:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• No, this is kind of absurd, actually.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 6:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2010