Any idea why there would be blood when I helped wipe my little girl after she pooped?

It wasnt a lot...and I looked at her closely after this happened and I dont see any irritation or anything.

She says she doesnt hurt? I didnt see any blood in her poop or anything either?

And NO ONE is ever around her but me. So its nothing like that either!

Just trying to figure this out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Kids' Health

• Sometimes just pushing a little too hard. It's not always going to hurt or be where you can see it. If it starts happening a lot then maybe get things checked, but sounds pretty normal to me. Since there was no blood IN the poop then there's nothing to worry about internally or anything like that.
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• was her poop dry? She probably had a hard time passing it and broke a small vessel in the process
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 4:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It could be anal fissures or in little tears...sometimes if the poop is too hard or big they can get little cuts...don't use fragranced wipes for a day or two or it will burn. But otherwise she should be fine.
    KaylasMiracle

Answer by KaylasMiracle at 4:30 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Could be a little tear at the anus, or right inside. Like Kaylas Miracle said I would go with a fissure! My DD had one when she was little. I'm sure she it's okay. Now if she started bleeding a lot during pooping then that would alert me.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Yes My DD had the same thing one time. her pediatrician said that's caused from constipation when they push too hard.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:18 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Her poop was too hard or dry, she is constipated. When you push too hard it causes tiny tears in the anal muscles and there may be a little blood, I really wouldn't worry unless it's a lot.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My son has had fissures. (little cuts inside the anus), when he was a baby. It didn't seem to hurt, and went away on it's own,
    Elyssa414

Answer by Elyssa414 at 12:53 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• could she have hemorrhoids? I had that problem when I was young-
    Anonymous

• Sometimes hard poo or hormoins.
    indigo645

Answer by indigo645 at 1:02 PM on Mar. 26, 2010

• Sometimes pushing hard can irritate the skin and make it bleed. If it happens again take her to the Dr. Try and give her more fiber and water
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2010