At what age did you start leaving your child in the bathtub for a few seconds (to run to another room for something) without supervision?

At what age did you feel comfortable about leaving your child sitting in the bathtub alone for less than a minute? More than a minute?

2kids19yrsapart

Asked by 2kids19yrsapart at 5:42 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• IZ is almost 18 months and I do not leave her in there by herself yet. The main reason for us is that IZ stands up and we are nervous she will slip and fall in teh half a second we are gone.
    IZs_mommy

Answer by IZs_mommy at 5:45 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Kohen's 18mos and we leave him for a few seconds. he is SUPER loud, so we hear him at all times. he just sits and plays with him toys and draws all over himself/tub. He never stands up or anything so never given us a reason to worry.
    KohensMummy

Answer by KohensMummy at 6:06 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I think my oldesy was about 12-15 months, and it was a quick grab the phone thing.
    heathers5500

Answer by heathers5500 at 6:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• YEA I WOULD ALSO SAY A LIL AFTER THE 15MONTH MARK. ~BUT ONLY FOR A MOMENT.
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 7:43 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My dd is 16 months and I still dont. She stands, and the tube is slippery. Just do it when you feel comfprtable.
    haileyannsmomma

Answer by haileyannsmomma at 9:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I still don't if I cannot see her I will not leave her and she is two. But we just read about a two year old drowning in the bathtub so I am paranoid
    TheEyesDesire

Answer by TheEyesDesire at 10:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My son has one of those toddler seats that hook onto the side of the tub. He stays put and doesnt try to climb out of it. Its a life saver. He loves it too. So I am able to leave him for a few seconds at a time without worrying.
    IfLoveWasBorn

Answer by IfLoveWasBorn at 10:38 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• mine was three, but my brother died in a bathtub when he was 6 so I know how fast something can happen and how dangerous the tub can be.
    leah2113

Answer by leah2113 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• My son is 22 months... I leave him in there for a minute or less sometimes. I've been doing that for about 4-6 weeks now. I usually just go into another room to grab something & then come right back. He splashes & makes a lot of noise, so I feel comfortable doing it. If he were quieter, I probably wouldn't feel so good about it. I don't know when I'll start leaving him in there for longer, but not for quite a while still.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:04 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• I just started leaving Gavin, just for a few seconds, in the tub if I have to grab something or answer a phone call. I still get super nervous though...he has slipped and fell before and that can happen to a child at any age! So I am extremely cautious :-)
    pat-a-cake

Answer by pat-a-cake at 12:15 AM on Jun. 27, 2008