Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


Someone called cps on us. I know who it was. This person does not even know my name, she called because we are remodeling and our house is not so nice right now but its safe and we are able to live in it. Well me and dh are wanting to split up. I want to go back to North carolina (in kansas right now) to live with my family. I can not find the number to cps to call and talk to someone about this. Can someone please tell me how to contact cps. Thanks...I did not know what catergpory to pick so i just picked this one...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

Answers (8)
  • Google it for your state.

    Answer by admckenzie at 5:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

  • Google CPS for (whatever state) and it should give you a home page. That should have the number you need.

    Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

  • Child Protective Services
    If you suspect a child is being abused or neglected in Kansas, please contact the Kansas Protection Report Center (PRC) at 1-800-922-5330. Telephone lines at the Protection Report Center are staffed24 hours a day.

    Answer by love2snorkel70 at 5:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

  • call your local 211 or information service, or goole it on you computer.

    Answer by my2kids312 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

  • google or the phone book or 411 information on the phone.


    Answer by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

  • Here is a website for NC CPS which is called DSS. You said you are in NC so I looked up that one.

    Answer by JAIRATRACI at 5:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

  • Have they not contacted you. If not just because she called/ or claims to have does not mean it is an active case.They may not even see a need to move forward with the report. However if there is an open case I can tell you the spliting up will not matter. However in my state you can not leave the state while having an open cps case file. The others gave you the contacts all ready. I just wanted to let you know what I know of the sit. GOOD LUCK

    Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

  • it goes state by state.
    Cps will contact you if in fact they deem the allegations important. It depends on what was said and what the opinion of the call taker was as to if it is serious or not. See I can call on my neighbor and say she has 3 kids and no electric. In my state it is not illegal to be with out electric. They would not come out for that.

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.