The first pillow? My baby is growing up so fast!

My little man is turning two soon. I heard that two is a good age to introduce a pillow. So for his second birthday I am going to get him a pillow. Now I went to the store and I had forgotten how many different kinds of pillows there are out there. What do you think is the best for a first pillow for a toddler? A regular pillow, I saw a pillow with the movie Cars on it, a travel size pillow, a throw pillow, or something else? Thank you all for your help!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:14 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i bought my son a regular one and it seems to high for him, so I bought him a one thats kids sized but its to high also, so I gave him one of mine that is super flat and its perfect for him! I still see him scooting off of it in the night ( i've been on and off sleeping with him during nightmares )
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I wouldn't spend a lot of money on one at the moment. We gave one to my son and he has yet to use it (he's almost 3). I just used one that we had to see if he had any interest. Some of the kids ones are pricey. I looked into travel ones but keep in mind that the pillow cases and protectors (which you'll want for a toddler) are more expensive and harder to find.
    Anonymous

• DS's first - aside from his boppy - was a travel pillow. As long as it's firm, I don't think it matters much.
    xtwistedxlovex

Answer by xtwistedxlovex at 7:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I guess I never really thought about it... she's been sleeping with a pillow for awhile now. She just turned 2 feb 22nd. I guess when we switched her to a toddler bed she started using a pillow. She has a normal size one and a little one.
    Babe587

Answer by Babe587 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 20, 2010