Stinky Boxers!!!!! LOL

Ok....for all of you that may own a boxer dog i have a few questions! My husband and i finally got a dog we both wanted. He is a brindle boxer and is 5 1/2 mo. old. He is quite big already weighing in at almost 50lbs. But......I must say he has this bad habit of FARTING! It's nightly when my husband and i sit down to watch tv, and it's horrible and gross! hahaha.....Are boxers known to consistently fart? Also, he is also prone to hiccups on a daily basis as well! Thanks for your replies!

krusecat22

Asked by krusecat22 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• what type of food is he eating? this tends to be the #1 source of this type of problem :)
    If the food has a good amount of fillers (rice, barley, wheat) that could be the source of the excess gas. Try a food that has real meat as the main ingredients. Also watch what types of treats you give him...I recently tried a sweet potato treat with my dog and he can easily clear a room after eating one!
    If you have specific questions about his food or want recommendations feel free to contact me, I've been working with pets and food for years :)
    StellarJKD

Answer by StellarJKD at 5:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Our dog had bad gas, and it was recommended to me, from another CM'er to give him 2 tablespoons of instant regular oatmeal with a bit of water (enough to make a paste) per day. It helped my stinky pug.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 5:46 PM on Mar. 19, 2010