Breast feeding on demand or....?

I'm a second time around breastfeeding mommy and I was curious, is it better to feed on demand (pacify and all that jazz with boobie) or is there a better way? My two week old always seems to be wanting boobie even after she eats and I know she is eating plenty cause she is pooping and peein AND I can hear her chug lol....as well as my boobs are plenty full.

So that leads me to another question...do I supplement or let or cry it out if I don't feed on demand?

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I nursed my babies on demand in the beginning. If they wanted the breast I put them to it. When they were older, 4+ months, I only put them to the breast if they were hungry. I tried to sooth them in another way if they were just fussy.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• if you don't feed on demand, you would let her cry it out. scheduling and then supplementing with formula defeats the purpose

I always fed on demand.
    Anonymous

• Ok thank you! I was just curious...I fed my first on demand and he always seemed fussy- but makes sense to sooth the boobie wise now and later when they are into the toys sooth them another way. thanks again.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2010