recall in slings?

my mom was saying how she seen on the news a recall for all brands of slings since there has been numerous amounts of babies being suffocated in them....true or false?

what is a good alternative for carrying baby other then by hands and or carseat-my two week old hates sitting in her carseat and she gets pretty heavy to carry around the store.

Bugsmommy1908

Asked by Bugsmommy1908 at 6:07 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• not recalled, just a warning being issued by the manufacturers. It's one of those stupid parent things. Big fuss because there are some really stupid people procreating.

http://article.wn.com/view/2010/03/11/Baby_sling_recall_anticipated/

kind of like when the bumbos were "recalled" so they could put the warning sticker on them.  I didn't bother because I wasn't stupid enough to do that anyways.

Anonymous

• its basically because people have no common sense.

get a wrap!

its so easy and comfortable to wear and baby is comfy too - I wore my youngest from a few weeks old to now (she's 3.5) I can wrap it as a backpack - a kid friendly piggyback. lol

www.mamatoto.org has a TON of great information, or you can google 'babywearing' you'll find a lot of really good info and different types of carriers and slings and wraps. most also teach you HOW to use it properly.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 7:11 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Not ALL brands, and it wasn't NUMEROUS.

Stay away from any bag-type like the Infantino.

Answer by gdiamante at 8:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Yup it was just a warning. I still wear my sling and love it. you just have to know how to use it right and make sure that their face isn't covered and they have breath. its just common sense. I check every so often to make sure shes ok!! so if you want to get one get one just make sure you use it right and just keep checking on the baby just to feel safe!!
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 7:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2010