How do I file for divorce when I have no money?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:15 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Relationships

• some courts will waive the fee, depending on the situation
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 6:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I believe some courts offer deferment as well or a portion of the filing fee to be waived.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 6:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• courts don't "waive fees"
    there are pro-bono law firms that help needy families, but only for divorce IF domestic violence is involved.

Anonymous

• M y mom is looking to file for a divorce and has no money. The lawyer told her if he's ever been unfaithful, abusive (physical, emotional, or mental) or neglectful, than if she files for the divorce he will have to pay. Now this is in our area. She started out talking to a legal aid for free and they are advising her on what to do. You might see if there is some kind of legal aid that you can talk to.
    Anonymous

• they waive all all but a $20 filing fee. i just got my divorce finalized today. so i would know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Go to your courthouse and tell them your situation and they will get you in the right hands. I know someone that did that and she got divorced really inexpensively.
    Anonymous