ocd at 2 cont......

maybe we are noticing to much but the other day i wrote that my dd 's daughter might have ocd...after the replies i descided to let lying dogs lay.i noticed lately that she rocks back and forth all the time.she has done this for a while.my dh just came home from work and said did you notice the way sam was rocking in her seat...i said yes i have noticed it before.(we went to lunch with them)im not saying anything to my dd.but the rocking.???i remember when i was little and the kids would sit in my dads car and rock like that.he was a cab driver for a extreme school for LD.is this or could this be autism?im just speculating.a caring nana and bubba

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yeah,could be.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• If you were to ask to your 2 year old daughter to stop rocking. Would she stop?
    Anonymous

• that not the way she was rocking though...it was like she wasnt thinking about it just doing it????
    Anonymous

• Some kids do it as a stress release or to calm themselves. Doesn't mean it's autism. Toddlers can have odd but normal quirks. It's a matter of degree. If she can be stopped, (or redirected) and doesn't do it excessively, let it be.
    Anonymous