Anyone ever had their child tested to see if they are gifted?

How did you go about doing it? Did your school offer it?

Thank you!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:32 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• like mentally retarded? I'm sure the school would let you know asap
    Anonymous

• Yes. I had both my children tested through their school and they were both put into the gifted program. It's a good idea because that way you know if they are gifted and need a more challenging curriculum.
    Anonymous

• Yes. The school does it routinely in second grade. My girl passed with flying colors. My son is still too young, so we'll see.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 6:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• In Chicago, there are many academically advanced schools that do their own testing.

Feel free to send me a message offlist if you have any questions. You may want to look into one of the gifted parents groups on CafeMom

Answer by rkoloms at 9:03 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Here they routinely test in 3rd grade. So yes, my 4th grader was tested last year and my 3rd grader just finished up her 2nd round of testing.

Answer by missanc at 10:05 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I was pulled out in kindergarten to be tested and put in the gifted program because I was advanced at a lot of things (Like I was already reading chapter books while most kids in my class couldn't read a sentence.) If the school doesn't notice it they do across the board testing in 3rd grade.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 6:23 AM on Mar. 20, 2010