Cuccinelli: 'Homosexual ‘acts’ are a 'detriment to our culture.' Really?

This month, far-right Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli “urged the state’s public colleges and universities to rescind policies that ban discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation, arguing in a letter sent to each school that their boards of visitors had no legal authority to adopt such statements.” The move was so controversial that even Gov. Bob McDonnell (R) slightly backed away from supporting it. In a new interview with CBS 6, Cuccinelli says that gay “acts” are harmful to society.

Link in reply below.

NightPhoenix

Asked by NightPhoenix at 6:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• FULL STORY HERE WITH VIDEO

I think HE is a detriment to society in general. What a disgrace. It also reminds me that those who yell loudest, have something to hide.

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 7:00 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• If only we could slap people and not get in trouble....
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 7:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Agreed slap people!!!!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I beleive this man has something to hide, my theory never fails, the loudest opponents and homophobes relate to the lifestyle.

Answer by older at 7:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Cuccinelli gets all sweaty and uncomfortable when he thinks of those homosexual acts.

I wonder why??

Answer by older at 7:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• HEH I have that same theory older and so far it hasn't failed yet. Those who protest too much.......

And I agree if only we could slap people like Cuccinelli silly and not get arrested.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I think that homosexual acts ARE a detriment to society and people can stand for and say whatever they want. Come on...grow up. The man is entitled to his opinion no matter how offensive it is to you... just like you can type that you want to slap him or sit around talking about hating him.
    It's called freedom of speech and it's been around way longer than the gay rights movement.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

He probably gets all sweaty when he's DOING homosexual acts too! lol

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• amber- your bigotry is the actual detriment to society, not homosexuality.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 9:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Only those so bold as to physically threaten people are the ussy 's who would never in a million years have the ovaries to actually do it.

The man has every right to express his OPINION. Whether you agree or not. Don't like it? Turn the channel, ignore the article, stick your heads deep in the sand.

I do not agree with him but I will defend his right to say it.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2010