Why do Athiests...?

Why do athiests believe that Christians aren't allowed to make mistakes? Why do you act like you are perfect and we are judgemental nut jobs? You are all demented crazies because we don't believe that millions of yrs ago a bunch of soup just formed living breathing humans and animals, But we believe the Bible that an intelligent designer (God) made all things which science proves. You call us judgemental all the time but never look at yourselves to see that you are judgemental and cruel. You call us names out of disgust and we warn of Hell out of love because we don't want you to go there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Op here I meant to say that You BELIEVE that we are all demented crazies...oops
    Anonymous

• Why so * SOME* athiests?

I don't think it is fair to lump them all together like that. I am a Christian and I don't like being lumped in with the nut jobs here and there. Not all of them think we are judgemental.
    This post in it's self is you being judgemental towards them. How can you tell someone to look at themselves and how " horrible" they are when you are in turn being mean?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:13 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Umm.. I am a Christian and you aren't proving us not to be judgemental. Sorry but in your case I side with the Atheists. This is why they think that to many of us are like you. They also don't believe what you just said they do and they probably know more about our religion than you seem to about it. Where as you know nothing about theirs. There religion isn't really that crazy and they don't believe necessarily that poof came the world. Most Atheist believe in a higher power they just aren't sure what it is. Others believe we are our own higher power. So go study it before you call it nuts. Also don't sit and rant about how non-judgemental you are while saying nothing but judgemental things. I have met more non-judgemental Atheists than I have Christians!!!
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• i am not athiest or christian. I don't like christians warning me of hell though or what i would call "fake christian" blessing me or preaching to me about anything i should do when i believe they have no clue what they are talking about. They are sick and live in some fantasy world. I like to look at all views on life and religion but i do not tolerate people pushing religion on me and i know when someone is putting on a show.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• its easy to read the bible and even to know the bible but can you live by the bible?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• "Most Atheist believe in a higher power they just aren't sure what it is."

Those are agnostics, actually.
    Atheists don't believe in any "higher power."
    Anonymous

• Ummm..... pot, meet kettle.

I know very well I'm hardly perfect. And I've never claimed that anyone is forbidden to make mistakes. I admit, I don't care for being warned that I'm going to a place I'm certain doesn't exist if I don't follow rules that make no sense to me, set forth by what seems to me to be an unrealistic deity. It's just annoying. But in general I like Christian, at least most of the one I meet in real life.

I just dislike zealots and closed minded hate mongers of any sort.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 7:25 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• ROTFLMMFAO!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 7:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• "OP, Don't listen to people who put you down for trying to stand up for Christians. There are so many unbelievers that I deal with on a daily basis who are looking to call me out as a Christian, people who don't even have the slightest idea what righteous judgment is. Looks like in this post you are getting put down for (supposedly) putting people down....ironic. "

This comes across less as standing up for her beliefs as making ignorant blanket statements about something she doesn't understand. She's getting put down for going against her religions most basic teaching (love for one another) in "defense" of her religion. That is simply illogical.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 7:28 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• m2KnL
    You have no right to judge anyone. That is left for GOD.
    She is being rude and mean trying to preach that Christians aren't rude and mean.
    Simple as that. What anyone believes is between them and GOD on their judgement day. NOT between you or any other Christian that makes the rest of us look bad
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:29 PM on Mar. 19, 2010