Does anyone care about morals, or being taseful, respectable, or modest anymore?

I was reading some posts on questions that seemed harmless until some "ladies" began bragging about smoking while pregnant, slinging sexually repulsive comments where it doesn't even make sence to say it, then curseing & posting vulgar picutres. Yeah freedom of speach, & no I'm not perfect no one is, but must we STRIVE to & be proud of displaying ourselves as disgusting low class street trash?! What happened to STRIVING to be a modest respectable lady? and hey if you blunder, dust your shoulders off & keep doing your best.I'm noticing so many people portraying vulgarity as some nobel rouge standing up for the rights of the vulgar generation. Just because we CAN be vulgar doesn't mean we should be, does it? The way you dress, the way you act, the way you cary yourself, what you do, what you say, these are all the signs of what you are. I don't care how popular it is to be immoral, I miss people standin up for the real ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Some people have no self-respect, and therefore will do things to try to get attention. Of course, you also get the people who have so much self-confidence, they just don't give a darn what anyone thinks of them, which is an admirable trait... in certain circumstances. Also take into account the ages of the girls or women who might have been posting those things... it seems like a lot of high school age girls nowadays think that dressing scantily and making themselves "available" is the right way to seek attention/affection/love etc.

I'm not on a moral high horse, nor am I "old-fashioned" (i'm 26) but I agree with you. I see girls out in public who are perhaps 16 or 17 and I wonder how their mothers can let them out of the house dressed that way... if only for their own safety! I had some real self-esteem issues as a teen, but I always had self-respect.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Morals are subjective. What seems vulgar to some may seem chaste to another. I admit there are some who strive to be wild and outside the norms of society, but whose standard of morality is the right one? After all, what seems modest dress for a woman here would be scandalous in some middle eastern countries, etc.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 7:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• it seems if you are a moral and upright woman you are belittled and put down but those who are trashy and vulgar boast about it and if a comment it made then they say they are being judged but to call a moral woman a prude and repressed and many other things is fine.

I find it disgusting how many of the mothers here are children themselves with children out of wedlock and then wonder why they are having problems. or those who have several children with no lan on ever marrying the father.(s)
    mom2snsb

Answer by mom2snsb at 7:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I hear that sweetie. This new generation seems to be the porn generation. Do anything,anyone,anywhere
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Your right, we have raised the last two generations badly. We taught them that nothing is bad if it feels good to you. This country is going to go down hill fast.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• (question writer)-I completely agree about that (comment about middle easern countries), Where should the line be drawn? a tough question for sure, with no line we can expect disorder, abuse beyond measure, no safety or security, molestation, and many other things to be a part of our daily life, though a far fetched scenario, still true. But with the lines over drawn we would be a sue happy, over offended pharisy nation, so afrade to offend its offensive. Point taken. However then should I ask what are the rules on offensiveness, is it purely on how its percieved or is there a real truth by which to go by? and is this helpful to those that believe that TRUTH, or to believers and unbelievers, or to no one (I know what I believe on this, just curious of others opinions)
    Anonymous

• I don't want to give the impression that I think that the way a lot of people behave is okay. I do my best not to let my daughter be influenced by all that she sees in the media now days. I admit I'm a bit on the modest side myself. I feel obscene in a typical bikini.
    But there is not one set of right standards. If we were going to do that, we would by default have to go with the strictest standards so as not to offend anyone.
    I may not like the way others behave, and I do my best to raise my family to be better and associate with those who share my standards. But until I'm prepared to live by the strictest standards, I do my best to reserve general judgment. But, that's just me.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 7:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• (question writer) just read the new answers..I was not surprised to get the first answer, I get that all the time, but It makes me so happy to see some ladies seeing what I'm seeing.. sometimes real ladies are so few and far between I feel out numbered and sad. Koukla-very true, and I'm also young (25), (dressing for their own good) when you dress "available" the only thing your inviting is lust and rape, & saddly thats a lesson too many times learned the hard way.
    Mom2snsb- more bad than good comes with lack of good judgement & truth, and I see many argue that what they are doing is acceptable and normal, so its good, right, then completely confused when things arn't going their way any more, it makes me so sad, I wish I could open their eyes with pliers some times but thats a job only God and His time can do sometimes.
    TMJ121099- pretty much, yikes! Very stubborn also. and quick to cry out injustice of being judged
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 8:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• bloobird- for sure, end times are getting closer every day. Mandaday- I see what your saying.
    ChristianMamaO3

Answer by ChristianMamaO3 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I try to incorporate moral values with my kids, they both started church, and my oldest is in the midst of conirmation classes, it changed her outlook and personality completely. but it takes more than going to church. We are all involved in community outreach projects, even though we struggle there is always someone out there worse off than us. morals and values need to start at home and i know in some instances positivity is not abundant in many childrens homes.
    Geishagyrll

Answer by Geishagyrll at 8:35 PM on Mar. 19, 2010