Anyone else have issues with the mirena? (maybe be TMI)

So I got the Mirena on last wednesday. First of all let mee say it was the worst experience i have ever had! it hurt soo bad! Then come to find out he put it in sideways so I had to go through it again because he took it out and out it back in. This wouldnt have bothered me if he wouldnt have had to get the thing they put them in with out of the Garbage! Now I am havin some small chunks of blackish brown stuff coming out of me and I am still cramping. Im not really bleeding per say. The best way I can think of to explain it is you know when you have a sinus infection and you blow your nose alot and the snot has a little blood in it? Thats what is happening to me but its coming out down there not out of my nose. I dont know what to do... It hurt so bad I dont want them to have to redo it. I wish I hadnt got it in the first place. Now 24/7 I have that feeling like when its time to change your tampon. What should I do?

twogirls2010

Asked by twogirls2010 at 7:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Health

• Ewwww...he got the thingy out of the garbage??? OMG! That would have thrown up red flags for me right there. As for the discharge, I never had that, but I had a lot of other issues when it came to the mirena. It was the worst thing I ever used for bc, and now I can't get pregnant, and the doctor thinks it was because of that stupid thing.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• go to the hospital, that's the exact reason why I would never stick something inside me that needs a doctor to take it out. I hope it's nothing serious, but it doesn't sound good. I hope you figure it out soon and feel better.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Ok ewww he took the speculum out of the trash? WTF!! I have mirena and right after I had discharge with some blood in it... I mean they are opening up your cervix a bit so its gonna get irritated. I also had cramps and such for a few days but thats it. I would find another OB and get it checked just in case tho!!!!!!!!!!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 5:37 AM on Mar. 20, 2010