my baby has acne is this normal? Is there anything that I can do to help clear her skin up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son got baby acne at about 2 weeks old, it does not last long but it bugged the heck outta me! he had it bad, just keep it clean! mild soap and water the less you touch it the more it will clear up :)
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 8:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It happens to many babies. Leave it alone. Pure aloe is soothing, but otherwise let it be.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:31 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Very normal, their skin is not used to all the world has to offer it... but once their body gets itself figured out and all YOUR hormones have left their system, it clears up. Don't pick at it though- it makes it worse!

And mild soap isn't always good either- most doctors will tell you that they don't need soap, that can make it worse as well.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:17 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Ha Ha! I know there is a couple weeks where I barely have any pictures of my baby! He got the acne around 4 weeks. It will go away before you know it. Don't wash it too much. I think it's just with their horomones.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 11:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• yes, my daughter had acne for a couple of weeks when she was very young. Just leave it alone, I know it's hard but if you mess with them you will just irritate them and make it worse. Just wipe off any drool, milk, etc that gets on her face and otherwise just be patient.
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 1:42 PM on Mar. 20, 2010