Really? Will this part stop?

Why do male pups get little pinkies? My dog's getting neutered and I was just wondering if after this is done.. Will he stop getting little pinkies CONSTANTLY? It really weirds me out at times..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pets

• my friend used to call it.... getting out the lipstick gross! LOL
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:36 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• NO it will probably continue even after he is neutered.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 11:06 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• NOPE lol! My dog is almost 2. He was neutered at 8 months and his still comes out every once in a while.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 8:42 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I am a Registered Vet Tech,
    most of the time it will go away but just ignore it. I know its gross but just ignore it. It will go away.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 2:33 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• OP here:

Thanks very much everyone. This is my first male dog since I was a little girl, and I always remembered our German Shepard doing this but just suddenly (he got neutered) it stopped.

I do try to ignore it, but every time he sits on the floor it just pops out so I was just curious if it would stop. Thanks for your answers!
    Anonymous

• Lol, we call that the "Red Rocket" haha... sorry

A dog we had when I was a child still had his out as a 13 yo neutered male... all dogs are different! GL!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 11:50 AM on Mar. 22, 2010