OCD anyone?

I know I am majorly weird with OCD, Things have to be perfect. I always clean, organize, and wash my hands like crazy.
The only thing that drives my DH crazy tho is that I have this odd compulsive behavior. The volume on things can NOT be on anything but 5's.
IE 5 , 10, 15, 20, ect.
I kind you not it drives me nuts if it is on 24. LOL
What about you? Anyone?

Mrs.Owen86

Asked by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Just for Fun

• OMG! I do that multiple of 5 thing too with things! I suspect I have Asperger's though. I have alot of strange tendencies.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 10:30 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I KID**** you not.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I NOT THAT BAD I JUST DONT LIKE A DIRTY HOUSE SO I CONSTANTLY CLEAN!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• sweeping

I understand. I drive my family crazy but...they love me. What can I say? I am right and things should be done perfectly. He's gotta love me...the bedroom would never be clean if it was just him.

amber710

Answer by amber710 at 8:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I think I've had touches of it all my life, although in the last 5-10 yrs it's gotten worse. It used to be the house could be in complete shambles, but my music (tapes, cd's, albums), books and the spices in the cupboard had to be in alphabetical order. Now it's getting that if I'm writing a list or something and you have to cross something out, I have to start on a new page. When I'm pouring drinks for everybody and putting ice in the glasses, I have to have the same number in each glass (usually three). Hmm maybe I'm a bit worse then I thought. lol

I use to have a friend that was so bad, she'd leave for work sometimes almost 2 hrs early cuz she knew she'd turn around at least twice to go back and check stuff. It was about a 15-20 minute drive if you just went once.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• ...the bedroom would never be clean if it was just him.

I do not even want to see what ours would be like left up to my DH . Ugh when I met him I swear he had thigh high garbage and everything in his room..

throwing up

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I don't like odd numbers, they tend to scare me. I am afraid of meeting new people (but I want to make friends, but its very hard), I need to have a spotless house. Clothes on the floor scare me , tooth brushes have to be put in the same spot, formula can on top of the microwave has to be placed just right other wise my whole day is off whack. All of my cosmetics are lined up perfectly on top of my counter in my bathroom. Rugs have to be vacuumed in the opposite direction *that's hard to explain*!

I crack my knuckles and if every single one of them doesn't crack I keep trying to make it happen so something bad doesn't happen I am very superstitious. And A lot of other things, but I just wouldn't have the time to share it all! All in all, I am surprised my hubby is still around!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Oh yeah, and the dishwasher? lol If DH helps out and loads it up? I'll tell him I'm going to run it before bed so the noise doesn't drown out the tv. When he isn't looking? I'll go back and re-arrange everything, I don't want him to find out cuz he tries to help when he can, he works so much he isn't home a lot.

Even with all this, I still have trouble with the rest of the house. I'm in not great health and some days by the time I get the kitchen done, I just don't have the energy to do much else.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I "dissect" candies when I eat them. Ex: m&m's, i chew off the shell and eat it on the left side of my mouth, then the chocolate on the right, then I switch. Kit Kats, I eat the chocolate from the outside making sure the amout of chocolate chewed is even on both sides, then eat layer by layer, exactly the same amount on each side again. Snickers, I eat the peanuts and caramel first then the lower layer, again making sure the amounts are even on both sides of my mouth. Tic Tacs can only be eaten in even numbers.

Food on my plate must not touch each other. If I eat something salty, I must eat something sweet, and vice versa.

The dishwasher must be loaded like a puzzle or I will not do it. The dishes must be put away in the correct spots, or I will not do it.

That weird enough for ya? LOL!
    Anonymous

• I definitely have some OCD tendencies. Locking doors, closing cabinets, drawers, doors. Stuff like that. I HATE opened things. If someone leaves a cabinet open for instance, it irks me. I have to close it and then I check and make sure everything else is closed too. I don't like opened bags or containers. When I leave the house, I have to go back and check the lock at least 5 times before I'm satisfied.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 9:58 PM on Mar. 19, 2010