I must be missing something

I have a Home Based Business that we are really really quite successful at...however, I have been reading questions and answers on here all day and I am floored. When I was preggo with my first daughter I told my hubby straight up that if I had to take the midnight shift at Walmart unloading trucks I was not putting her in Daycare I had worked my share of ALL OF IT and I wasn't doing it.
Now i have literally busted hump for years to be home with her (now 2) working 100+ hours a wk sometimes to be here...I adore my Business now and it provides a very FT income for PT work...why ist that idea so hard for some to grasp
and realize they can be having it all...with dedication (even 10 hours a week) and belief and commitment, all I read is un-employment, food stamps, welfare subsidized housing childcare...put half that effort into TURNING IT AROUND FOR YOU....Am I crazy or missing something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Money & Work

• Not everyone is a self motovator...
    jas_momof2

Answer by jas_momof2 at 8:53 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• NOT EVERYONE CAN MAKE THEMSELVES WORK AT HOME. AND SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT TO SIT ON THEIR ASS AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE. PEOPLE ON WELFARE HAVE GUCCI PURSES AND CHANEL SHOES, ITS REDICULOUS, BUT THATS THE WAY THAT IT IS
    Anonymous

• I LIKE TO WRITE IN CAPS, DONT TAKE OFFENCE, SOME PEOPLE DO
    Anonymous

• Your assuming alot with this post......hope you feel better............smile about the way u busted ur butt to raise ur child and leave others be! You havent walked a mile in everyones shoes!
    Anonymous

• Quite frankly I thin you are assuming a lot...this post was based on things I have been readin all day..not a judgement..and yes I did bust my behind not just TALK about making things better and thank you much but perhaps you should walk a mile in my shoes since you have NO idea what is behind my life I wasn't insulting anyone justproposing differences and possibilities..thanks for your input though..I was not assuming anything..
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I feel that I have it all and I work outside of my home. My children are all in school, there is no reason for me to be at home during the day. I busted my ass for 6 years in college to have an excellent job with great pay and benefits. I prefer to have a job with healthcare and retirement. I doubt you are getting that from your home business. I was able to find a job where I can take leave when the kids are sick, go to school functions and take a month off a year. I do not work weekends, holidays and I have every other Monday off. Everyone has different wants and needs.

FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 10:59 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Everyone has a different view on what their perfect life looks like. For example FL2AK loves what she has in her job and myself I am running as fast as I can away from just what she loves. The only difference for me is I don't have health or retirement at my job. Congratulations on your home business. Share any tips you have with those of us that are working towards the same goal.
    Anonymous

• For Fla..I was not referring to someone who desires to work outside..- was referring to making excuses as to why you couldn't better yourself if applied...I agree not everyone is built to be a SAHM and WAHM...that's cool...and thank you for your pre-judgement but again if you read correctly my hubby still works in the banking field and carries all of our necessary insurance and such, but FOR the RECORD yes they are available to me.
    As for what I did I found a real, legit and extremely lucrative business that pays top dollar. Has the best credentials and I ran with it..we have developed over 118 millionaires with 1 company..you are welcome to message me with ques. Happymom2-2 www.IDSafety.INFO
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 9:01 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I totally agree! I am a SAHM who works from home. I have a home business and I have it all. A happy married life, I am the mom I want to be to my son. I am not surrounded in debt I can sleep peaceful at night. All of my bills are paid on time and I can take vacations when I want. Better yet I make more than I did at my day job.
    I just feel that people dont drive themselves as hard as they could. You can have everything you want if you want it badly enough.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 2:08 PM on Mar. 20, 2010