no sex drive...need help

i love my man so much. before i got pregnant i couldn't keep my hands off of him, but throughout my entire pregnancy(i'm 6 months) i just haven't had any sex drive. i don't get it because i love sex but the only way i get turned on is if he does it first. he's noticed that i don't try to turn him on and i try to reassure him but i think its messing with his self esteem. we're both young, i'm 21 and he's 19, and we're both athletes, we work out together all the time so we're both in great shape. what can i do to get my drive back? any particular foods that get any of you horny that you'd recommend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Something that can reassure your hubby is to let him know that it's perfectly normal (and very common) for pregnant women (and moms of infants) to have a reduced sex drive. It's often hormonal, or from sleep deprivation....It's usually temporary, you just have to deal with a few more months and get through it. In the long run, it will seem like a short time.
    Anonymous

• There is nothing you can do but wait it out. It's hormonal. You just have to wait for your hormones to change.
    Anonymous

• Sorry love...have the same problem with baby number two!! First preg. i was just as into sex as before..which was ALOT! then this one comes along and its like hitting a brick wall...i do what i can to try to get myself in the mood...but really its next to impossible. Sometimes it helps if hes EXTREMELY romantic and gentle..other times...i just try to go along with it and see if i can meet him half way eventually...hes gotten really understanding throughout this thing! But i feel awful! Hard to tell a man who used to get it daily that ONCE a WEEK may end up being ALOT!! GRR....GL
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 10:45 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Honestly Im in the same boat but my husband understands cause I was the total opposite with my first pregnancy, I wanted it like all the time. This time is just different and not too mention Im not that nice this time round and boy have I noticed it. What I do is just go down on him like once every other week to keep him some what interested lol. I cant seem to force myself to have sex it just doesnt seem right or fare to me. But husband is happy with just me doing that lol so were good for now and hopefully after baby is here which is only 3 or 4 weeks away I will get my sex drive back. So maybe try something your comfortable with but at the same time is pleasing hubby.
    Anonymous