2 yr old.

my son used a bottle until his 2ed birthday, i was thinking that by me giving him a sippy cup he wont need it to go to sleep, yeah right, bfore he goes to sleep or falls asleep he will ask for it, he wont fall asleep without it. what can i do so for now on he'll fall alseep without his sippy cup!
thanks moms =)

yamil519

Asked by yamil519 at 10:01 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• The longer a child has something (e.g. a bottle, or pacifier) the more dependant they are on those items. You should work on finding a routine that doesn't involve a cup or bottle to put him to sleep.
    Anonymous

• Once he's asleep try to go in a remove it. try replacing it with a bear or fav toy even, so he won't wake and look for it. I have the same prob with my daughter. Best of luck!
    IndieJones

Answer by IndieJones at 10:04 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• We had the same issue with my daughter and as much as I hate to say it... my husband and his theory to let her cry actually worked. It took a few nights of me fighting the urge to give it to her but after 2 nights she didn't need it anymore
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 10:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2010