Its been awhile, and i know all children are different, but what brand do you use?

With my first i used Enfamil with iron...probably will stick with that again if breast feeding doesn't go well, What brand do you use and why!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:18 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Enfamil Premium Lipil for supplementing. That's what we were given in the hospital and we just stuck with it - although I hear Enfamil is about to come up with a new "better" formula and I'm planning to bfeed again but we will probably use that for supplementing. I can't stand the smell of other brands.

Answer by missanc at 8:30 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• You should just keep it in your mind that you can succeed with breastfeeding and provide your child with the best, most natural, free nourishment there is!
    Anonymous

• im wasnt able to breastfeed with any of my 4 kids. My oldest was on carnation good start (only kind he didnt puke) my 2nd son was on similac with iron. 3rd son was on enfamil and now my 4th was on neosure but is now on similac advanced
    Anonymous

• "You should just keep it in your mind that you can succeed with breastfeeding and provide your child with the best, most natural, free nourishment there is! "

Pretty sure she wasn't asking for pros and cons of breastfeeding...

Good Start, it was the brand the dr suggested and she took to it and we stuck with it.
    jmpeskie

Answer by jmpeskie at 10:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• We used Costco's Generic (Kirkland Brand) but mine weren't exclusively formula fed.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Through Wic I got Similac. All my friends used Enfamil, so I figured that was best. So when I was trying to feed him Similac and he was screaming, I thought it was because Similac sucked. Then I switched him to enfamil (even though wic didn't provide it). Then I found out he had reflux. In the end I don't think it mattered what formula I have him. He still got a little constipated from both, but my doctor had me add a little Karo syrup to it and he was fine. I think if bf doesn't work out this time I will go for the cheaper Good Start.

In my opionion, try to stay away from the Similac Sensitives, Enfamil Gentelease, and some of the Soy (unless you have too, of course). They are are half corn syrup and that freaks me out. If baby gets constipated there are other options.

Ignore those "breast are best" people. We all know that. Sometimes it just doesn't work and some of us can't.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Similac AR because of her gassiness and upset stomach.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 1:43 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I had to use Similac Alimentum (the hypoallergenic stuff), because my DD had colic. It is good, but it is pretty expensive. We were going through about $250 a month in formula! Thank goodness we qualified for WIC!!
    I wanted to BF, but had to go on a medication :(
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 3:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I use enfamil. I don't like similac cause the smell. If I had to use it I would but thankfully I don't. I didn't know that enfamil gentlelease had cornsyrup...they are aloud to put that in the formula? That it what I use for my daughter cuz she is really gassy...I will stop using that.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 7:03 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• he was on soy because he had a very sensitive stomach and thats all he could handle but i switched him to enfamil next step premium and hes fine
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 10:27 AM on Mar. 20, 2010