how can i decrease the visibility of my strecth marks?

so i'm suppose to give birth in a week or so and i have these horrible stretch marks and i was wondering how i can get rid or decrease them after pregnancy!!!!!!!! would reallly apprecite the advice ladies thanks alot.

blakemom

Asked by blakemom at 10:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sorry to laugh, but HAH! The don't go away hun, unless you get a tummy tuck. They'll fade to skin tone eventually but not for at least a year. My DD was born a year ago and they're still pinkish in color. Of course they've shrunk along with my stomach but they are still visible.
    Anonymous

• Bio-oil helped me. You can get it at wal greens and Babies R us. Im sure you can get it other places, but Ive only seen it at those 2. Then again I wasnt really looking for it.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• Time... I had my son almost 2 years ago and they've really lightened up. Bio-Oil helped a little, so if you have the money you could try that.
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• You can also buy bio-oil at wal-mart.
    Amanda704

Answer by Amanda704 at 10:40 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• vitamin E oil helps too
    justduckie_mom

Answer by justduckie_mom at 10:42 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• I keep seeing on tv mederma for stretch marks. I want to try it. If you do let me know how it works. It says its supposed to reduce the apperance in 12 weeks. Good Luck!
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 10:47 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• are you serious? look at the ads on the right side of your screen whenever you click onto a new page, so far every other one is an ad for making your stretch marks decrease visibility by using mederma. but like the first pp said, good luck with that. they'll get lighter, but they won't go away. i even tried the expensive stuff (i don't remember what it was called but it was like $17 for a small tube of it) and i've yet to see my stretch marks "go away" they just faded, which is exactly what time will do.
    Anonymous