Do you think it is important to be sensitive when it comes little girls?

In general, Do you think it is important to be sensitive when it comes to little girls?
Or does it depend on the kid?

For example if a kid seems to be a on the more insensitive side when it comes to other peoples feelings would it make sense to try and change that by being less sensitive to them, so maybe they know what it's like?

when it comes to raising a little girl to try and be strong and confident it just seems like they can be really fragile? Another example being when they get (minor) hurt. I dont want to baby the situation when I know that they are fine but it just seems like acting like it doesn't matter could really affect their self esteem?
please let me know what you think! anything would help. Thank you!

milf661

Asked by milf661 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I think it's important to be sensitive to children of both genders. Even boys need high self esteem. Parents need to learn to respect children and be sensitive to their feelings but unfortunately they sometimes repeat history. If the parents were not given sensitivity they may think it's not necessary. Those parents are wrong. Children do need sensitivity.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:50 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• It's important to be sensitive and not try and force one personality trait or another.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• You can't generalize.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:01 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It all depends on the child and the parent. No 2 children are alike in emotional traits. I think parents that continue to baby their children are doing them a great disservice. I've worked with many teens at their first job. It is easy to tell which ones were babied their whole life. They never lasted very long.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I think it depends on the child. My mom tried the whole 'be sensitive to your kids" thing (she just had my sister and I). It worked for my sister, but it made me close up like a clam.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 8:22 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I have two girls one is thoughtful caring and very sensitive when it comes to others than there is my other child who tells u like it is doesn't care if it hurts your feels or not and i raised them both to be caring loving children but also not to be bullied i guess it really doesn't matter how u raise them in the end everything goes to how there personallity is.
    little_one26

Answer by little_one26 at 9:18 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It's a tough world and should be raise to be strong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It's important to be loving and respectful - this includes being sensitive... But isn't something that should be limited to girls

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:48 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I agree Sabrina.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It is always wise to be sensitive, but not just to girls to both genders. Gender should not any indication to do this. Women are always attracted to sensitive men.

Answer by older at 10:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2010