How to help when someone has a miscarriage

My sister in law was about 9 weeks along and yesterday she found out that she is miscarring. They have been trying for four years and she has POS. I really want to say something to her and all I can say is im sorry. I dont know what shes going through and I want her to know that Im here for her. I know I could just say hey im here for you. But she really doesnt show her feelings and when she does she quickly covers it up by making jokes. Ive just never been there before and I am so heart broken for her, because her and my brother in law would make amazing parents. And seeing her go through the pain and not getting anything in the end is just terrible. So give me some advice on what I can do? For the mothers that have lost a precious little ones what helped you?

sep_10_07

Asked by sep_10_07 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Pregnancy

• The best advice I can give you (coming from someone who had a miscarriage almost a month ago) is to get a basket of chocolate bars and pepsi and things of that sort (you know the junk food that makes you feel better) and a card and write in the card that you are always there for them (because he lost the child too) and if either of them needs anything to let you know and you will do everything you can to help .. Oh and also don't be afraid to talk about the baby that she lost .. It hurts me more than anything that my baby wasn't "a baby" in most peoples eyes and so they forgot all to quick and don't want to talk about it ..

ahyesme

Answer by ahyesme at 2:54 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• When I miscarried last Oct. My best friend gave me a beautiful pearl bracelet for me in memory of the baby. It was very thoughtful, and was a gesture I appreciated.
    Anonymous