What Would You Do?

What would you do if a neighbor brought their own kids and other neighborhood kids over and started playing in your yard and in your driveway. Running around yelling and screaming, shooting darts at one another? (Foam Darts) When you don't even know them and they have a fenced in back yard to play in, but don't want to let the kids play there because of dog poo? They want to roam through the neighbors yards with no respect of the neighbor's property.

Keep in mind the neighbor has to cross the road and walk about 500 feet to get in our yard. It's not like we live next door. We've lived here 3 years but don't know them.

Am I old or is this disrespectful? We went outside this evening when there was 1 adult and 4 kids out running around shooting darts at each other and ask the adult. What he was doing? and if he would like for us to come run around in his yard screaming and yelling!

What has happened to respect?

Red54

Asked by Red54 at 11:37 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in General Parenting

• no you're not old! i am the same way. i find it very disrespectful. i know i plant flowers and have a garden and i wouldnt want the neighbors messing it up! people can be so rude.
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 11:43 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• What was his answer?
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:39 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• He hung his head down and said NO! He told the kids to get their stuff together and go play in their yard. This is an on going problem and is getting worse. It's not just our yard. The kids will at times cross the road by themselves and come play in the culdsac or in the neignbors yards on this side of the road and the kids look to be between the ages of 3 to 10 and there are 4 of them most of the time. But the youngest comes across the raod by herself on her training wheel bicycle all the time.
    Red54

Answer by Red54 at 11:54 PM on Mar. 19, 2010

• i would start calling the police if they step on your property ,, its a little extreme but it sends the message loud and clear
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:00 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• i would call the police too
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 1:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• i would get my boys nerf guns and let them go out and play too! probably the game just got out of hand is all. my kids love a great nerf battle!
    that being said, i would not let my kids do this in someone else's yard. my kids get the "look" when their balls and frisbees go into the neighbors yard.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• LOL I was going to say put dog crap in your yard because once they step in it once or twice they'll quit coming in your yard. Ironically that's the reason they won't place at home, so you say, so I guess my suggestion will work LOL
    Anonymous

• It is disrespectful and I said so.
    Everytime it was caught(if they dont start respecting my property)Id go out and get them off my lawn and if they kept it up or thought I was joking Id call the cops and have a trespassing warning given to them.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:13 PM on Mar. 20, 2010