Who wants to take a shot at this?

On page 116
http://docs.house.gov/rules/hr4872/111_hr4872_reported.pdf

What the hello is that? I thought they were over the public option stuff...

Quote from the link pg 116
SEC. 221. ESTABLISHMENT AND ADMINISTRATION OF A PUBLIC HEALTH INSURANCE OPTION AS AN EXCHANGE-QUALIFIED HEALTH BENEFITS PLAN.

Crissy1213

Asked by Crissy1213 at 11:52 PM on Mar. 19, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• you silly goose......ONE you arent supposed to READ it and TWO you arent really reading what you THINK you are! :) This plan is all kinds of screwed up and hinky!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:20 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• There is no government run public option. There is an exchange like the one available to congressmen and women and many other federal employees. They are put into an exchange and can choose from a certain amount (I believe depending on your state) of private insurance companies.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:26 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Sweet, if they were being 100% honest with that then why does it say this "the Secretary’s primary responsibility is to create a low cost plan without compromising quality of access to care." Why would they need to create a low cost plan if its the same plan as congress? Congress get their plans through private insurance companies. So why would the creation of a "NEW PLAN" be necessary?

Also if it was the same as congress (who get their plans through private companies) why would they need this...

"The Secretary shall establish geographically-adjusted premium rates for the public option."

How can the Secretary establish premium rates through a private company. They can't it has to be government run.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 1:13 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• page 116

Subtitle B—Public Health Insurance Option SEC. 221. ESTABLISHMENT AND ADMINISTRATION OF A PUBLIC HEALTH INSURANCE OPTION AS AN EXCHANGE-QUALIFIED HEALTH BENEFITS PLAN.

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:48 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Crissy, my secret decoder ring is defective, I can't read the dang link.

So, here is my best shot -- The Obamalosi-ites will tell what they think you want to hear. They will pass whatever legislation will give them control of the world. They are starting with us. They don't realize that some people in this country can read, and use the internet effectively (cause we're all stupid, remember?) and find what they "post on-line for many days before a vote" and actually read it to find out what deaf, dumb, and blind ones are to vote on.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Found this -- it fits

http://congress.blogs.foxnews.com/2010/03/19/senate-dem-leader-promises-vote-soon-on-public-option/#more-2119

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-NV, in a letter sent Friday to two of the Senate’s strongest proponents of the so-called “public option”, has commits to holding a vote “in the coming months” on the proposal.

“I remain committed to pursuing the public option,” Reid promised, noting that while he thinks the current legislation will make the state of health care better, a public option “would provide additional competition to make insurance even more affordable.”

They are going to keep trying and trying and trying.............kinda like the energizer bunny.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Thanks 29, See I saw the clip of Dennis Kucinich who said he would vote no if there was no public option... then after a flight on AF1 he says he is going to vote yes. So I was curious as to why would someone so head strong “They know my position, and unless there’s some dramatic change in the content of the bill, I think they can predict how I’m going to vote,” to just change his mind. I KNEW there had to have been the PO to sway him. SO low and behold I find the PO in the reconciliation bill. So I see they are lying to everyone and the liberals / Democrats are still defending them. I am so appalled by this administration and those that follow blindly.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:09 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I wondered about that, too. It was just too convenient that a ride on AF1 would sway him just like that (although he is a bit of a space-cadet, so I figured he was just "giddy" from the ride....lol)

I find it sickening how the WH can lie to the People without a qualm, knowing that we know they are lying, and the left just brushes it off like it is nothing. I cannot wait for November. Too bad Sherrod Brown isn't up for 2 more years yet. He is a @#$#%^&^%@$@, to be nice about it.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• There is an insurance choice. Small business, the self-employed and the uninsured could pick a plan offered through new state-based purchasing pools called exchanges, opening for business in 2014. People at medium to large firms see no changes. There is no government run insurance plan. People purchasing coverage through the new exchanges could chose national plans overseen by the federal office that manages the health plan available to members of congress.

The only problem I see with this is that it should start SOONER.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 7:48 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

***

Unfortunately I have to agree (shudders) LOL

I remember hearing about this a while back....Dems referred to it as a "co-op."

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:55 AM on Mar. 20, 2010