I was offered a position but I havent heard from them.

I interviewed for a 2nd grade teaching position on the 8th of March. I was called back in after the interview to do a mock lesson on the 9th with the actual class that needed the teacher. So I went in again on the 9th and did a reading lesson on character traits. The children were awesome and enjoyed the lesson and the activity. The principal and the vice principal also liked it and was really interested in hiring me so they told me to get my transcripts and things together in case they give me a call. So I did. Two days later they called me and offered me the position and forwarded my name and email address to the hiring specialist. Well I spoke with her and forwarded her my resume, teaching certificate, test scores and my unofficial transcripts. I told her that I had ordered the official ones and they should be in soon. So she said ok call me when they get in and you can come down and do your (continued in post)

lilmsnay83

Asked by lilmsnay83 at 12:06 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Money & Work

• fingerprinting and sign your contract. Well the day before I was supposed to do that I got an email from the vice principal and he said that they had received a call from another teacher that they had heard great things about and they wanted to interview her. That they knew they had offered me the job but they wanted to make sure they picked the best candidate possible. This was last week. I emailed them this week and they told me they would get back with me the next day and that was Tuesday.
    Should I email them again? I would really like to know if I still have the job or not so if I dont I can continue to look for something. What would you do?
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 12:08 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• YES e-mail again. Leave phone messages too. I cannot believe they offered you a position and have taken on another interview. That is totally unprofessional and SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!!

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:10 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Thanks I think I will email the principal again and call on Monday. Its so frustrating because I dont want to apply to other places and they end up calling me back but I need a job somewhere. I have a daughter to take care of. Ive been substituting so I guess I will go back to that until something comes thru
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 12:35 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Until you have an offer letter, you don't have a job. Keep looking, and good luck!

Answer by rkoloms at 6:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Ohhh thats dirty! I'd call them and ask if they had filled the position and if they say yes I'd give them what-for!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:45 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Wow, is all I can say. That really is unprofessional of them. I would certainly call them and find out. Lots of luck to you, you sound very qualified!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:35 AM on Mar. 20, 2010