Fever but no other symptoms?

I just got over some sort of viral infection and made sure to stay away from my son (20 mos). Last night he woke up with a mild temp. but went back to bed. This morning he was still warm but was his normal self and stayed that way throughout the day. His nose is a bit runny but that's usual for him around allergy season. Do allergies cause a mild fever? What does a fever with no symptoms mean??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Teething
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• A FEVER IS A SIGN THAT THE BODY IS FIGHTING AN INFECTION. SOMETIMES THERE IS NO OTHER SIGNS.
    mrscoty

Answer by mrscoty at 6:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It sounds like a virus. Keep him home until he has been fever-free for 24 hours

Answer by rkoloms at 6:58 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• He's propably just fighting something off. If the fever is low grade just let it go. The body's natural defense will probably take care of it. If it gts higher or he shows other symptoms then worry about dr's and med's
    Nesa_Z

Answer by Nesa_Z at 9:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Teething or just trying to fight off a virus. My kids get a fever and runny nose when teething.
    lish2127

Answer by lish2127 at 11:27 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• If it persists, have him check.. my daughter gets ear infections all the time and fever is usually the only symptom anymore... but it may just be a virus.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 1:25 PM on Mar. 20, 2010