What Christian home schooling program do you use?

I'm planning on homeschooling DD and I want to do some research on the different types of programs available. I want to know anything from curriculum to pricing to supplies. Thanks for any tips. =)

MaKettle87

Asked by MaKettle87 at 12:36 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in

• I use bob jones. price depends on what you want to do. they have a few different programs. bjupress.com
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 12:41 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• For first grade I used anything I could get my hands on. For second grade I bought the whole bob jones grade level pack but I got a deal. the list price was about $700 or $750, but I got it for $350. It included all the text, workbooks, and teachers supplies. For this next year they have online, computer based hard drive, and dvd classes available. They whole package runs about $999. We are going to try the dvd set next year. But i also use tons of other textbooks as well just to fill the time requirements of my state.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 1:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Bloobird...I used the DVD's this year and it is AWESOME! Also I forgot to mention..if you buy through their website, you earn money to use for their College. I can't remember the % is of what you buy.

My friend has been using them for a real long time (her oldest is in 8th) she says the only thing she heard bad was that if you want to learn a foriegn language, their lessons are good, but Rosetta Stone is the best :)
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• OH and don't use the online right now...they are still working out kinks.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Abeka is popular as a whole curriculum

Apologia is good for science

I've also heard of Weaver (never seen it though)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I've been homeschooling for 10 years and we've used Abeka for the past 5 years and will continue to use it through graduation. I school 3 different grade levels and it's the program that works best for us, not to mention that my kids were bored with other programs like Alpha Omega and Christian Liberty.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:06 PM on Mar. 23, 2010