How do i know when to take a home pregnancy test?

i had my period around feb 8 and lasted til around feb 16. then i got it again around feb 21 and lasted til around march 1. i never took a pregnancy test before. it was always done by the doctor. still havent gotten a period this month.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Do you normally have that short of a cycle?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• what kind of test is it?
    Mrs.carlton

Answer by Mrs.carlton at 1:54 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• You can usually take a urine home pregnancy test on the first day of your missed period. This is usually about two weeks after conception. However, some tests are more sensitive than others and can be taken earlier.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• i think it was like that cuz of the depo. i havent bought a test yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• depo can cause you to not have a period for upto a year and CAN keep you from getting pregnant for upto 34 months google it
    Mrs.carlton

Answer by Mrs.carlton at 2:13 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• If you are on depo shot, why are you worried about being pregnant? I would take a test, but it will likely be negative. If it is then don't worry. You shouldn't even worry until after the 21st.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I waited until I hadn't had a period for two months. My periods are very irregular, though and I have gone as long as 5 months without a period and no chance of being pregnant.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Well if you would normally have a period by now then you could take a test now and it should be pretty accurate. If you get a negative and you still don't get a period by April 1st then would test again! Good luck

BethRae

Answer by BethRae at 9:21 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I usually wait a couple weeks aftermy due date of the period. then I take the test. If this keeps happening then go see your doctor, and see what he tells you.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:37 AM on Mar. 20, 2010