5 month old

What kinds of activities would you do with a 5 month old? The weather is getting warmer and I want to do all kinds of things with my DD but I don't know if they are age appropriate. Things like, going to the zoo, the park (I have a 2 year old brother so these would be mostly for him), hiking, going to the beach, etc. And I'm at a loss of things we can do inside the house to keep her satisfied. We do tummy time, I play with her, tickle her (she loves it), talk to her constantly and stuff like that. I don't want to run out of things to do with her lol. If anybody has any suggestions?
Also, how long is too long for a baby to be outside in warm weather?

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 2:01 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think you've about covered it, lol. I would just make sure you keep the baby hydrated and out of the sun as much as possible. Dress really lightly. On super hot days I'd try to avoid it. And use sunscreen!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• How long depends on how hot. In 70 degree weather being out for a couple of hours is fine. You can take your baby to the park and put her in a swing(gets boring pretty quickly), take her outside and do tummy time on a blanket on the grass, take your baby to the pool, story time at the library if they have an infant lap sit time, read to her, peek a boo.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 2:15 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Take your baby everywhere! It will help her learn.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Babies like to be out and about especially if slinged/wrapped because they are higher. There is no time limit. But if you are out a wide brimmed sun hat will protect. Or a sunshade on a stroller.

Don't over dress! If you are comfy baby is too.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 12:34 PM on Mar. 20, 2010