i was in a wreak tonight

and i have 4 bruised ribs. the er gave me some pain meds but they dont seem to be working. do you know anything that can help. thanks.

csnook

Asked by csnook at 3:00 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Health

• Gosh i remember that... just rest a lot ,i took was tylenol and i fell asleep
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 3:03 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• im sorry to hear that glad your ok but when i got in my wreck i couldnt even move it hurt to bad so i got my hubby to help me in a hot bath and that helped ease my aches enough to sleep and like busylovinghim tylonal helped alot and it that dont try some excedrin(spelling) extra streght that should help good luck momma and sorry about my spelling hope you feel better soon!
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 3:13 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• im a nurse and all i can say is try to relax and a nice warm bath but try not to sleep on the side that hurts and once ur ok make an appointment with a chiropractor they always help when it comes to these situations, and ur insurance should cover it.
    cataquiroz24

Answer by cataquiroz24 at 3:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• thanks ladys. i know i have never been in this much pain before. my ribs are killing me
    csnook

Answer by csnook at 3:35 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• A hot pad and or a hot bath!! Sorry to hear about that!
    SweetPea05

Answer by SweetPea05 at 4:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I was in a WRECK, too---about 10 years ago--and my ribs hurt for a few weeks. All it takes is time and patence. It will get better. For the first few days I took a few Ibuprofen but then stopped because any pain killing medications are not healthy if taken too long. I could stand a little pain---I wouldn't want the side effects.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 20, 2010