I tried to do Atkins and it made me sick to my stomach, anyone else have that problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i did the atkins diet for 2 weeks before. did you read his book? i don't think most people do it correctly. did you eliminate processed foods? that is a part of atkins.
    anyhow, as far as dietary/ weight loss/ good health advice goes rkoloms has it right.
    good luck and good health to you!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:22 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Of course it made you sick. Atkins is an incredibly unhealthy diet, which is why you need to take so many supplements. Additionally, when you are on Atkins your don't learn portion control or how to eat healthy for the rest of your life.

Instead, make simple changes for your family:

Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 6:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I am on atkins and I have lost twenty-five pounds I do not have any problems from it, if you use it right it can work for you.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:20 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I LOST 15 POUNDS IN A MONTH AND A HALF AND I EAT MOSTLY SALADS. THE FIRST 2 WEEKS OF ADKINS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE THE HARDEST PEOPLE CALL IT THE ADKINS FLU....BUT AFTER THAT YOU SHED POUNDS EASY!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:24 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• IM ON ADKINS AND I HAVE BEEN ON IT 3 WEEKS AND LOST 11POUNDS. IT TAKES UR BODY GETTING USE 2 NOT TAKING IN ALL THOSE BAD CARDS. ITS A GREAT DIET AND IF U EAT RIGHT IT WORKS GREAT.
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:26 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• GREAT JOB : pinkdragon36 KEEP IT UP I GOT 40POUNDS 2 LOSE
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 11:28 AM on Mar. 22, 2010