weird quistion

my 3 year old son is foaming at the mouth when he sleeps its alot of white foam. he has been doing it for the last 3 nights.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Is he using toothpaste that isn't getting rinsed? That's my only thought at the moment.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• foaming at the mouth is usually a sign of a seizure. there is petite seizures that you will not identify and the kid wont realize it. i would contact a pediatrician.
    mrscoty

Answer by mrscoty at 5:55 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I do agree with seizures. My dd has been epileptic since she was 1 month old (she's 4 now). When she has a seizure she would foam at the mouth, but only while she was having a grand mal. She also is known to have petit mal seizures and absence spells and doesn't foam at the mouth during these. No person who has seizures ever remembers what happens either. I would just talk to your doctor about it. It could also be reflux. Which my daughter had to have a Nissen Fundoplication surgery to correct hers and she did foam from that as well.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:52 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I agree with the others about seizures, not to scare you. I would talk to the doctor or take him to the ER. He could be having seizures and you don't know it or see them.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:32 PM on Mar. 20, 2010