What would you do??

My boyfriend works an hour away from my town and lives in a hotel most of the time.I trust him to death but I caught him in a lie. He said he only went out for acouple drinks and left the bar early.But my mom who lives in the same town said she saw him at about 1:30am and says he was with a different girl.So I confronted him and asked him about the whole ordeal and he said that he didnt want me to get mad.That he thought I was like his ex girlfriends and stuff.so I let it go.He works alot anyway.Figured it would be a nice time for him to have fun. He was with his bestfriend that I knew since I was in diapers and I trust him alot.Anyway,I had my aunt over tonight and she said the same thing about the girl. Bf told me about the girls but the way my family is talking about it is making me wanna question him more. Do you think my family is dramatizing it and if not, how do I confront him about everything all over again? Im upset.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Relationships

• If this is a casual dating situation and you don't care about being lied to and cheated on, then by all means, stay!
    But if this is supposed to be a faithful serious bf then RUN as -xoxo- suggested!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• No matter how much you trust him it's never going to look good to people outside of your relationship to see your guy hanging out one-on-one with other females. I get it you trust him, but honestly why would he lie? Why would he be worried you'd be upset if the girl was someone you were comfortable with him being alone with? I'd be less concerned with what your family thinks and more worried about him being dishonest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• yep I agree with the above answer, once I caught my dh hiding a girls number in his phone and she was just a friend, to me makes no sense to hide it that was stupid. I'm not that jealous or insecure but he still thought I'd be mad for him talking to a friend. There are some females whom I don't trust, but I saw this girl as no threat and he never lied again about that. But to me if its something thats not a big deal then no reason to lie about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I've got lots of guy friends and though I prefer for my husband to not read their emails since I consider it to be a invasion of their privacy, I wouldn't do something like this. If I was meeting a friend, it's possible it could turn into a late night thing, but I call my husband and tell him about it. If for no other reason because people see things and they assume and they talk!

my guy pals mostly ask for advice when it comes to their wives and stuff, so no big deal.

but i would be worried if he lied about it. So, in my eyes since he lied then I think that gives you the right to do a little snooping. you said that he lives in a hotel most of the time- are you sure that this woman isn't the 'real ' girlfriend? you could be the something on the side.
    this could be a co-worker and it may be innocent, but if it was me, I'd ask someone who he didn't know to go up to them friendly and see how he introduced this woman.
    GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• ok...the whole" I thought you were like my ex's" sorry but that is your man busted and coming up with an excuse to get ouot of trouble. It has nothing to do with your family telling you or santa telling oyu ...he is busted with another goirl and your listening to a line of crap.
    your man should not need to have girl friends that he hides , for any reason.If he was worried you would be mad, then the right thisnk, the respectfulk thing would have been to NOT hang with her. this has cheat all over it hon, be careful.He lied about this,a nd this isnt small...what else is he lying about?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:29 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Run away and never look back!!
    -xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 10:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2010