Have you ever had your child's name changed or wanted to?

I want to change my son's name because he is named after his dad. It seems as though I need the dad's permission or have to prove him as unfit. 1) Has anyone had any luck changing their child's name without the father? 2) Are names important to you?

Queentdi

Asked by Queentdi at 7:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how old is this child, what does he think about it?
    if you are just wanting to change it because you no longer like the dad I think you are being childish.
    but to answer you question, I have not done so, by my baby brother's first name was william after my dad, when even my dad didn't like the idea. I told my mom that my brother didn't look like a william or bill so I always used his middle name.
    it stuck. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I changed my daughter's last name to my maiden name when I had my ex-husband's parental rights revoked.
    Anonymous