Gays or Polygamists. Which group is more entitled to have marriage legalized in US?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Gays cannot legally marry in most states, is that not true? The fact the gay marriage is legal in some states does NOT mean their needs and wants take precedent. Polygamists have been fighting for legalization in this country for much longer than gays have. Matter of fact, they used to marry legally, and then their rights were taken away. Their rights and needs should not be trampled on in order to push your agenda.

I'm surprised that you feel gays are more ENTITLED than polygamists, but I guess I shouldn't be.

I feel both are equally ENTITLED, one group is not superior to the other.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:10 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• popcorn

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• neither
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I think the government should have never got into the marriage business. They should have left it a religious ceremony. But now that we have made a mockery of marriage, why not let anyone get married. Who cares anymore?
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:54 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• i agree with neither... but honestly it's too early for this crap! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:55 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• My answer would be gay people. IMO, there is only room for two people in a marriage.
    Kimposible

Answer by Kimposible at 7:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Both.

LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 8:12 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• What's up with these posts lately comparing the two? Apples and oranges period!
    Sweet_Faith

Answer by Sweet_Faith at 8:18 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I disagree that this is apples and oranges. Its still consenting adults being denied a civil right. They are equally entitled. Consenting adults should have the legal right to marry. Whether a religion is required to perform or acknowledge that marriage is up to them.
    mrsfitz05

Answer by mrsfitz05 at 8:30 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Both. Consenting adults should have the right to make their own choices regarding who they want to be married to.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 8:30 AM on Mar. 20, 2010