Can kids get diarehea if they have a lot of dranage?

My daughter has had a runny nose for about a week now and thought maybe it was allergies cause she had no cough the only thing it is green and everyone said green isn't allergies it is an infection she keeps getting a runny nose without no cough like once every month or 2 and it lasts a couple weeks. She is 2 years old and potty trained she has no accidents at all anymore and even at bedtime well last night at like midnight she woke up crying I went to get her she had pooped her undies (diarehea) so I was wanting to know can all the runny noses she has had this week can that cause it? She is fine other than that. We are supose to go out to eat with family today for all the birthdays in Mrach. My mom,sister, brother, grandpa, aunt, and brother in law's birthdays are all in march I hate to not go out to eat cause I didn't get to go last year when they all went out cause last year she had rotavirus so can this cause it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in General Parenting

• It could very well be from the runny nose. You know kids, they don't understand the "blow your nose" concept, so they slurp it all back up. Ingesting mucous is going to make your bowls runny, hence, the runs. Just treat the runny nose, with meds or whatever you prefer, and the messy bowls will probably stop. This happens to my dd too when she has a runny nose for an extended period of time.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 12:29 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I think so. My daughter gets that too.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:06 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It can. It sounds like she has a chronic sinus infection. I would suggest taking her in and seeing if she needs to be put on an antibiotic to clear it up.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:20 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Sounds like she may be developing a dairy intolerance. Take her off all dairy for 30 days and see if that helps.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Mar. 20, 2010