Why believe in god, jesus and angels and say fairies are childish dreams?

Many people have seen fairies and believe they exist. Why do some people scoff and make fun of people who believe fairies are real. How is that any different than believing in angels and god. Have you ever seen either of them. No one has ever seen Jesus either. The is debate to whether or not he even existed. If you don't like people putting down your religion, and saying bad things why do you feel it is okay to say fairies don't exist or say I am not child anymore when someone says something about them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Insecurity.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:48 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• For the same reason why if someone says god spoke to them, it's normal, but if someone says Napoleon or Ghandi spoke to them, they're locked in a room with padded walls. I've wondered about these things for awhile myself. Most of the people I've spoken to who believe in god don't seem to notice how wierd this seems to a nonbeliever.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 9:09 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• You are disrespectful and ignorant. Science has proved that I real man named Jesus was the son of Mary and Joseph in Bethlehem in history. The question isn't whether he ever existed it is whether he is the Messiah.
    If someone came to me saying that they believed in Buddha or a Greek god I wouldn't compare that faith to Santa Clause or something stupid. How arrogant. I am fully convinced that Jesus Christ is the son of God and we are saved by him. If you don't like it bite your tongue and make fun of someone else.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 9:11 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Because the way it is presented by majority of our culture. God and angels are presented as beliefs, or even to many as facts. Fairies and such, however, are presented as myth. People are raised to believe that this is the case, just as many years ago people were raised to believe that the Gods of My. Olympus were fact and therefore, it was taken as fact. But today it is presented as myth, and those who still believe are looked at as though they have two heads. What they fail to see is that each of these- the Christian god, the Greek gods, fairies, and all the sort, are equally plausible.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 9:14 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• "You are disrespectful and ignorant. Science has proved that I real man named Jesus was the son of Mary and Joseph in Bethlehem in history. The question isn't whether he ever existed it is whether he is the Messiah.
    If someone came to me saying that they believed in Buddha or a Greek god I wouldn't compare that faith to Santa Clause or something stupid. How arrogant. I am fully convinced that Jesus Christ is the son of God and we are saved by him. If you don't like it bite your tongue and make fun of someone else"

Um she didn't make fun of anyone. She was asking why people make fun of people who believe in faeireis. Why are you jumping down her throat? NOTHING she wrote is disrespectful or arrogant or ignorant. Is this what you know how to do, call people who have questions, names?
    Wow, between last night and this, I am quickly losing more and more respect for those who believe in Jesus Christ.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:15 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Amber-

Are you aware that there are religions out there that do believe in fairies? It's not equal to Santa, it's part of their faith.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 9:16 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• You are disrespectful and ignorant.
    And you're angry and mean.
    Science has proved that I real man named Jesus was the son of Mary and Joseph in Bethlehem in history.
    Evidence, please? A link or something?
    If someone came to me saying that they believed in Buddha or a Greek god I wouldn't compare that faith to Santa Clause or something stupid.
    She wasn't comparing jesus to fairies, if you read the question calmly.
    How arrogant. I am fully convinced that Jesus Christ is the son of God and we are saved by him.
    Okay, and I've ridden dragons and chased a Lepprachaun for his gold. Then Odin told me I'd get to go to Valhalla.
    If you don't like it bite your tongue and make fun of someone else.
    Or you could turn the other cheek, remove the mote from your own eye first, and not cast stones. You know, all that stuff your pal Jesus would do.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Angry Christian: Wow this is how you chose to represent your faith. I never said anything bad. It is a FACT that some people do not believe Jesus really existed. Why don't you ask in a post on here or something. I have read it myself on this site. I am not saying he did or did not exist I don't really know. And while I never said anything bad about your religion you ARE saying my religion is dumb.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• As a Christian - I never make fun of nor belittle those of other faiths. My personal belief (and I'll get bashed by the hard core bible thumpers for this one) is that when all is said and done our higher being (God, Allah, Mother Earth, etc) has the same values and is quiet possible one in the same. Why not believe in the fair folk? No bigger a stretch than a Christian's belief in angels, or in someone having seen the ghost of their loved ones. Some Christians are so intolerant of that which doesn't come from the bible. I believe that while the bible was God inspired, it was MAN written and MAN interpreted.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I didn't quite understand if she was saying buddha didn't exist. Buddha was actually a person. Actually I think he was a few people throughout years. Maybe like the pope? I took world religions in college last year, but can't clearly remember.

Doesn't the Wiccan religion believe in faries? I was talking to a Wiccan one night and he told me to go spend time in the woods and if attach myself to nature the fairies will come out. He said they are mischeivious little things that like to mess with you. Okay so this was a crazy old guy, but sometimes those crazy old guys know things we don't. He may have been on a good amount of LSD at the time of fairies sighting, but part of me does believe.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 20, 2010