Could my period be coming soon?

My daughter is going to be turning 1 at the end of this month and since she was born I have been breastfeeding so I haven't got a period yet. Well each month since she was like 5 months old I've been getting cramping like I'm on my period at the end of each month but no period. Well for the past like month or so I have cut down on nursing and now my daughter is only nursing once and it's just at night before bed. Well for the past few days I've been getting heavier CM(cervical mucus). Could this be a sign that I could be getting my period finally? Or just something else? What were your experiences getting your period after not having it due to breastfeeding? Thanks!

BethRae

Asked by BethRae at 9:12 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Apart from your period coming on, it could also be that your ovulating!!! You dont have to have a regular period to ovulate!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• sounds like it might be unless you've had unpretected sex. i would give it another week or so and if it hasn't come then i would call your doctor. my period wasn't delayed at all so i really can't be much help. sorry. good luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• That would be nice if I was ovulating!
    BethRae

Answer by BethRae at 10:46 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• sounds like you are about to ovulate or are ovulating? you'll know in a few wks;)
    8sweetpea

Answer by 8sweetpea at 4:13 PM on Oct. 2, 2010