Are there ANY loving, tolerant, caring Christians out there?

I ask because I can honestly say that I am very quickly losing respect for Christians. I have seen so much hatred and disrespect in the past day from Christians, I am truly appalled. I don't want to feel the way I do right now about ANY group of people...but my goodness this blackness seems to be seeping from the followers of Jesus Christ.
Please, christians prove me wrong! Please show me what Christianity is supposed to be about!!

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 9:18 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Of course there are hun... anyone that is hatefilled is NOT a Christian. They may be religious but not truely Christian, because that requries to be Christ-like. I fall short as a Christian all the time but I do my best and wouldn't ever hate anyone. Just keep your heart open and the real Christians will show through the fakes.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 9:24 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• honey i am sorry that you feel that way. there are a lot of so called "Christians" out there that think they have never sinned or never will and that they can judge people. personally i love people. don't agree with alot of issues like gays and all but they are human beings and Jesus Christ said not to judge lest he be judged. i don't agree with alot of things this world has come to but i will say this, i am not out to change the world, i am making sure that this world doesn't change me. like me great hate me i'm sorry but i am who i am. A CHRISTIAN. God bless you and i hope that HE gives you the answer you seek, the difference between sinners and saints is that one is saved and one is lost.

eva123

Answer by eva123 at 9:25 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Yes, there are. I know many of them IRL, and a few on here. And trust me, they are just as disgusted by the sort of behavior seen on here as we are. It's the power of the computer screen that draws out the zealots and hate mongers.
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 9:25 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Of course there are! That is the basis of our faith. There are just a lot of frustrated good Christians (like me). The world seems to be getting more and more evil and miserable and people just don't care about or respect our faith anymore. We get put down and argued with constantly, which is too bad since most Christians would be happy to talk about their faith or tell their story.
    Christian life is based on kindness and spreading Jesus Christ's saving work. I hope that you really want to know more. It is a great faith to be a part of. Feel free to e-mail me (or most other Christians) and I will answer any questions that you really do have.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 9:30 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It seems to be the same few most of the time, and then there are a bunch who are perfectly friendly and will agree to disagree. Something I've noticed is there will be 2 or 3 christians on here who just insult and bereate everyone who disgarees with them, and pick fights, etc... and then they go away and a couple of new ones come in. Are they giving up, are their accounts getting cancelled, or is it the same few under new names all the time?

So yes, there are plenty of christians out there (and I'm not one, as you probably noticed) who actually try to be christ-like and have love and patience. But I agree, there last couple of days on here have been brutual, with the more zealous ones even attacking their own for disagreeing. religion shouldn't be a den of lions.
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 9:32 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• "The world seems to be getting more and more evil and miserable and people just don't care about or respect our faith anymore. We get put down and argued with constantly, "

But it seems when they could show their love the most, they show it the least. I see hatred from them, calling people like me names when we DO ask questions....I try very hard to ask questions with respect. I am human though, and yes I too at times get frustrated and lose my respectful way. BUt when christians lash out in the name of their God, it proves only the opposite. That they are closed off to what ANYone else has to say. They are so busy being righteous, they don't want to hear or see how they could possibly be coming off to others.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:34 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• You're a silly lady asking such a silly question
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:38 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I think that you just really don't like us. You are stereotyping people. I would never say that atheists are terrible people who say evil things all the time. That isn't fair. There are many atheists who make a hobby out of bashing Christians (the poor bored people) but I wouldn't say that they all are bad.
    Yes, you can expect people to get defensive when you ridicule their faith. Most people are not sincerely asking questions...they're being sarcastic. It is ignorant and intolerant.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• There are many wonderful people out there who are Christian. They live their lives with love and Christ. However, there are a few bad apples...and they tend to be the loudest and spoil the whole bunch. These few turn people off the faith, and make others want nothing to do with Christianity. These few (and it really is a few) are hard to stomach, and do no favors to God or Christ, and do not truly represent the faith.... but like with many things being the loudest and rudest gets a person heard, but it doesn't necessarily make them right. Sometimes, it seems like some people are looking to be offended (this goes for people of any faith) so they will goad and berate and be down-right mean to others just to fulfill that need to feel offense.

But truly, there are some wonderful people who are Christian in this world. Many more IRL than on here.
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 9:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Amber: My question was honest. Which you did not even answer, you just started BASHING MY RELIGION. I am a Pagan and do believe fairies exist, just like you believe in Jesus.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2010