87% of Dems believe this healtcare bill will help them?

Ahhhh Victoria, there IS a Santa Clause after all. I pray they can figure a way to not let this happen or at least undo it after it happens but the tiny sliver of light is that these idiots really don't know whats going to hit them in November. LOL
Comments?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:22 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Ahhhh, poor woman. Oh well, can't save them all.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 9:50 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I feel like people who are against it have insurance or can afford to pay over $1000 a month for insurance. I'm for the health care plan because I haven't seen a better idea yet. I understand it's scary and we can't afford it. For you people who are against it, please answer this....What can we do to help americans that are dying or losing their houses because of lack of insurance or medical bills?

If americans didn't have to worry about paying A LOT of money for healthcare, they could probably afford their mortgage and pay off their credit cards. Maybe they could by newer cars, afford trips and afford to shop. Do you think this would off-set the economy and get it going better than these "stimuluses"?
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:51 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• sunshine~I'm for the health care plan because I haven't seen a better idea yet.

What EXACTLY in the bill are you for. Please, be specific.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Oh pkease, stop with the dying and losing houses over health care issues. In one breath you admit that we can't afford it and then you go all nutty. True we cannot afford it and that by itself is enough to NOT push this through.
    Hospitals have funds for people cannot afford care. The lady Obama touted on his tour was actually IN a hopital receiving free care under such a program. Also many of these (much fewer than you think) who die from lack of care is because they don't seek care soon enough. Care they could have. No one is ever refused the ability to go ge care. If they are so very poor they can't afford to pay 45 bucks to go to a medic clinic or the likes they would be on medicaid and get care anyway. If I thought I had a REAL problem I would beg borrow or steal the money to get into some facility. I don't think people say to themselves I might have cancer d but o'well I don't have the money this week.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:01 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• sunshine, So if the government expands medicaid, but cuts the payouts it gives Dr's, hospitals, and Rx coverage~ who do you hate when Wal Greens, Dr's, and Hospitals stop accepting the newly expanded medicaid patients?(Like they are doing already in fear of this plan passing). Who do you call evil~ The government or the professionals?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:02 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Sunshine~What can we do to help americans that are dying or losing their houses because of lack of insurance or medical bills?

How does this current plan LOWER premiums to make it more affordable for ALL Americans?

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:07 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• According to the CBO~estimates that health insurance premiums for the non-group market would increase significantly, primarily because of a mandate requiring plans to provide a more generous level of coverage than most do now while virtually eliminating the option of catastrophic coverage. In addition, significantly more individuals would face these higher premiums after the creation of the insurance exchanges begins crowding out the employer-sponsored market and after the individual mandate begins prodding the currently uninsured into buying coverage The result would be an overall increase in the absolute amount of health spending on premiums (that is, private and public).

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:08 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• As for people with insurance not wanting this bill I think that is a totally uneducated statement. We who have insurance for the most part, pay A lot of money for it. I have a $2400 a year deductable. If I thought I could get free or lower cost care by having this bill pass I'd be for it too but It won't happen. It cant! I would rather keep my insurance (of which my duductables will surely rise under this bill) that be under a government run plan. You can get a policy for less than $1000 (even for a family) but if they would simply allow cross state line insurance purchases that would lower the cost for anyone trying to get ins. Why not make pool insurance for those who have preexisting conditions? they do it for flood insurance and car insurance. Sure, go ahead and make a regulation that people who have paid their dues and are current cannot be dropped. Thats about the only thing in thsi bill I am for.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• So, sunshine you are OK with higher premiums from the middle class on up??
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:09 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• As for the CBO I just say they they are a puppet. They do what they are told. Someone gives them information(it doesn't have to be correct) and they have to give an ESTIMATED cost. These estimated costs are never on the mark. Everything costs more. I don't care who is giving the numbers I don't trust the government, especially this one.
    It's very apparent that this is a power thing with the Dems and Obama. They want control of anything they can get. Auto companies, wallstreet, education, energy, everything. Biden said the other day that "we will run the insurance companies" Hello people, this is WRONG! Get your heads out of the sand.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 20, 2010