Today is Michigan Meat-out day

Governor Granholmof Michigan demonized meat saying not eating meat would be better because it would protect you from salmonella and tainted meat etc.. LOL Sure eating more veggies is good for us but the point here is how come she had to be such a dolt about it. Why demonize meat and cattle farmers when she could have put it so much more eloquently?
Just the fact that she thinks of it in that manner is a tribute to her idiocy and her need to GO AWAY.
Here is a couple of articles on it.

http://topics.mlive.com/tag/Michigan%20Meatout%20Day%2C/index.html

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 9:33 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• sheesh, don't let my husband see this- he dogs michigan all the time as it is- I was born there and he didn't even want to escort me to my reunion he dislikes Michigan so much-
    :P
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• OMFG... All the hunters and farmers in her state and she is saying this... What a loon.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• i live in michigan....ya pretty sure ill be eating meat today. i hate grandmole she needs to go back to canada...crazy nutjob!
    sweet.lil.mama

Answer by sweet.lil.mama at 10:19 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• SERIOUSLY??? What have the major food recalls been lately!!?? Peanut butter (not a meat) and HVP (again, not a meat).

She's received a lot of pressure from vegans lately and I think she's trying to cater to them. She knows she's on her way out this year and has NEVER had the best interests of Michigan at heart. Michigan is full of beef, dairy, pork and chicken farmers. She lives in Lansing, home of Michigan State University...the state's agricultural college. She is truly ignorant of this state's needs, interests, and economy.

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 10:23 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I give up eating meat every single Friday of the year for religious reasons. They're nuts if they think I'm gonna give it up on a Saturday too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Governor of MICHIGAN. That says it all. She has done such a good job for the people of Michigan, a huge percent are either unemployed and foreclosed or moving out of the state.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• MEAT has proteins that we need......I will be enjoying my steak dinner tonight....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:57 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Didn't Oprah get SUED for saying something about Meat on her show??

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:58 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Good POINT sweet!! I wonder if this woman will be....hmmmmm. She is one Crazy lady! My dh will tell her where to go! LOL

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 1:15 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I also seem to remember some serious illnesses from spinach and lettuce, any type of food can be contaminated if not handled properly. Silly woman this is. LOL
    Anonymous