Why do so many young teens think that giving boys oral sex is fine? Is this a new trend or has it always been around?

I just looked at my daughters facebook and there is something on it where you can anonymously say things about each other. Many kids have admitted to giving their boyfriends blowjobs. It seems like they think that is what you're suppose to do with your boyfriend. These kids are only 13 and 14 years old. Some have also admitted to being bisexual and have done things with girls, it this also a new trend. Most of these kids come from broken or dysfuntional homes. I wish more parents would open their eyes and become aware of this. These kids are way to young to be doing this and I'm sure their parents are clueless.

staceynoel

Asked by staceynoel at 9:35 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• i'm sure some of their parents could care less and that makes it even more sad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• This is why clahmydia (sp) and gonnerhea and herpes is on the rise.You forgot anal sex too! They think they're still virgins if they do it this way.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 9:42 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• It's a very disturbing trend. And yes I think it is on the rise.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:44 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I'm not trying to get political here, but I think the trend started in the late 90's with the Lewinsky scandal. That's when the categorization of "oral sex" as sex began being debated. Or at least when it was debated in such a public way.

I think that a lot of parents have a mentality of "not my child, it's all those other kids." It has to be someone's kids, and it very well COULD be yours. It's scary. I'm glad my son is only 19 months right now, I am terrified of the tween/teen years!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:48 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Teens think oral sex is okay because they don't realize it is still sex. Most teens think that sex is only the traditional sex where there is penetration, etc. Oral sex, anal sex, etc are considered "safe" by them for that reason-they can't get pregnant. Most don't realize they can get stds through those forms of sex just as easily. The parents either don't care to see, do see and don't care, or don't believe their little angels could ever do anything so wrong and it must be lies by other kids who don't like them. Lots of kids who come from broken homes do become sexually active at an earlier age, but kids from perfectly healthy homes are just as likely to become sexually active and engage in these behaviors nowadays. The trend is on the rise across the board.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 9:54 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Anyone catch the teen sex episode of "the doctors"? It was horrifying. All these teens who think they know it all about sex were so misinformed. They think they can't get std's from oral and anal. They think the new vaccine for HPV protects them from all std's. They feel like you have to give boys blowjobs to get them interested in you. And the more partners you have the more popular you will be. It's just sick.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:59 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Because the parents of these kids aren't talking to them about sex.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 10:13 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• not sure but damn i would have sex over givin a bj any day, i hated it and i only do it like once a month its gross...and i would NEVER do anal...damn all these young kids are slutty nowdays and im only 21
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Teens figure they can't get pregnant this way and get in trouble. They are looking for acceptance and love in the wrong places.

Answer by older at 10:21 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• That is pretty sick. WHen my kids were in Jr High and Sr High, we always talked about everything....they knew right from wrong, they knew the facts about sex and love and self respect. My kids are raising thier kids the same way. There is no way that any of us would think sex is okay when you are a teen. No way in Hell. And a Blow Job IS sex. I hope these kids know that. If they don't, how dumb is that?
    There is no communcation between kids and parents,obviously, if the girls think giving guys a blow job is just fine. Where is Mom? Isn't she telling her girls how wrong that is?I guess Mom and Dad...if there IS a Dad....are out in the evening ,sipping a few at the bar or whatever, ignoring the home front.
    WHat has happened to parents? Do they not care about their teens? It makes me sick.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 10:25 AM on Mar. 20, 2010