Every time my DH & I have sex, I get a yeast infection...

What is going on? Why does this happen? It only started a few months ago, but it's really just horrid! We don't get to have sex often but when we do I end up with an infection - every time!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Health

• its possible you are passing it back and forth, because men can get them to. ewither from us or on their own. Also are you sure its yeast and not vaginosis, which is diff but can seem the same? I would say if this is ongoing, go to your doctor because repeated infections of any kind can effect your reproductive system, and just make you feel like crap in general.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 9:55 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Thanks - But i don't have a doctor, nor do I have the money to see one... I try not to have sex more than once a month because it's so painful and now because of this problem... We always use condoms and can't understand why this keeps happening... even if I am passing it to him how does he have it for a month or more and not know it and then give it back to me... either way, I hate it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• maybe you have developed an allergy to the condoms. That happened to me. Laytex condoms would cause a reaction that was very similar to how a yeast infection feels, but it actually wasn't. Try switching to polyurethane condoms or going with a different BC method.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• get antibotics , it sounds like vaginosis
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• He needs to be tested and treated too. I had a friend that had that happen to. They were passing it back an forth to each other. Men do not get symptoms like we do. My friends husband had no idea he had it. It was not till the Dr recommended he get tested.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Could it be the condoms? I know I get super itchy from them.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:47 PM on Mar. 20, 2010

• i was wondering about the condoms as well, have they been the same brand/ box?
    have you considered an anti candida diet? it is basically a no sugar diet.
    also, health food stores sell probiotics made just for women.
    good luck !
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 20, 2010