Is this normal or am I the only one who deals with this? (PIOG)

It never fails!!! Everytime I get my period, I find it rather hard to have a bowel movement. & It's every fudgin' time!!! IDK if it's because I only use tampons or what. But I hate it!! I hate it because I KNOW I HAVE TO GO, but it won't come out!!! My cycle can last anywhere between 2 & 4.5 days. That's long time of being uncomfortable!!! I feel the pressure like I have to go, & I try & try & try but to no avail. I don't want to take laxatives because I'm getting ready to start running to train my body for basic training & Dont want to become dependant on them just to get me regular. Notice I said dependant, not to be confused with addicted. You'd be surprised & the stuff people would accuse you of!

Barb87

Asked by Barb87 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 20, 2010 in Health

• maybe you need to drink more water?? I dunno I'm the total opposite.. I get the runs lol hmm.... well congrats on BT.... where are you going? I went to Fort Leonardwood (sp) lol it's early
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:15 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• hm. my bowel movements get softer and easier when it's my time of the month. I'd say switch to pads for a while and see if it's from the tampons. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:16 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Pads are out of the question, they feel like diapers! LOL!!!
    to June_mama09: My basic is at Ft.Sill, OK
    Barb87

Answer by Barb87 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• Try fiber one bars. They really help me stay soft.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• I would examine your diet:

drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day
    eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables (in at least 3 different colors) a day
    eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day
    eat at least 2 servings of legumes a day

Answer by rkoloms at 11:25 AM on Mar. 20, 2010

• You know I am the total opposate. I get diareah when my cylcle starts.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 12:44 PM on Mar. 20, 2010